• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first wc system, aprove my list

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

aprove my setup!!!!

this case!

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=11-119-058&depa=0&manufactory=BROWSE

now for my radiator, the plan is to have a radiator hugging the outake on the inside of the case, with a fan attached then another radiator on the outside of the case with a fan drawing air out, with spacers in between them all, there should be an attachemtn at the bottom

here are the parts that I have picked out!

2 of these I think I may go for the painted ones, or I may do it myself!
http://www.dtekcustoms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=91

The via aqua pump with the quiet mod
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8164&error=NoQty
http://www.wc101.com/guides/ViaAqua/

the only thing im undecided on is the water block, I would like a clip on, but I could do bolts as well, Im in the $50 and below range. 1/2inhc of course! What do you suggest!

also, is two radiators worth the cost of flow?

okay the yellow is radiator
the black is 120mm fan
the brown is case wall (but there is a 120mm fan opening which is where this is all taking place
the light gray is fan shroud

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    148.3 KB · Views: 123
Everything looks good, though Im not too fond of Via pumps. For the block I would suggest a Dtek Whitewater, its awesome. And I would definitely suggest going the bolt on route, its way more secure and stable and definitely worth the minor extra hassle.

Hey, for the block I would suggest going with a Swiftech MCW6002-A, it's an all copper waterblock, its a great performer, as good or better than a whitewater in some cases and its cheaper than it.. Oh and I belive it is a clip on with springs.

the problem with the white water is you have to split the input, and i don't want a complicated plumbing, plus, the white waters are out of my price range,

any other suggestions, and does any one have an opinion on have ng two radiators?

what about the maze 4? thats in my price range., and any suggestions on a gpu cooler that won't hold my system back from back presure?

edit: sorry you posted at the same time as me, sylva, I vve looked at that block a lot, but the only place I could fin that carried it was crazypc.com and being on the west coast, and them in new york shipping was over $10!

Last edited:
The whitewater is in your price range, its 49.99 at Dtek... As for the tube routing its hardly more complicated if you place the Y adapter close to the waterblock.

whoever said:
also how does the maze 4 compete? Is it a piece of crap?

wbplot19.gif

Its not a pos since its pressure drop is the lowest there. But isnt the best performer. If you got one for like 10-20$ I dont see any reason not to use it. Plus if you put it in series with a NB block and a VGA block, all maze4 would be nice, you still wouldnt need a large pump...

whoever said:
so what about 2 rads? is that a bad idea or a really good idea?

1) your planning on drawing (hot) air from inside the case through the rads to cool them?

2) your planning on drawing (hot) air from inside the case through the first rad (which heats up the air) then use that air to "cool" the 2nd rad?

whoever said:
the problem with the white water is you have to split the input

the 1 barb in the center is the input and the 2 outside barbs are the out

whoever said:
sorry you posted at the same time as me, sylva, I vve looked at that block a lot, but the only place I could fin that carried it was crazypc.com and being on the west coast, and them in new york shipping was over $10!

Get it at cooltechnica.com Competitive prices and reasonable shipping.

well I do have 3 ewxtremly quite undervloted 80mm bringin air into the case and the air inside my case is never hot, my case temp right now are 24.5 C, thats 75.2 F degrees my thermoter on the ac box read 76 F. althopugh temp probes arn't terribly accurate, admit it, Ive got a pretty cool case., but it sound like the gernal syntis, is that its a dumb idea to line up two radiators.

dont get me wrong, it will cool, but it comes down to this...

if you want the best temps, you want the coolest air passing through your rads.

edit: stacking rads isnt dumb...given the right situation its used. a transmission / oil cooler / inter-cooler is placed infront of your car's main rad :burn:

Last edited:
whoever said:
so what about 2 rads? is that a bad idea or a really good idea?

Two rads are good but the way you're planning on putting them in the case is bad. Put the second rad at the top of the case. Drill a good hole or have someone drill a good hole. Don't put them badk to back where the hot air from one is used to cool the other.

maybe one feeding on the front intakes and one feeding on the rear outake. the rear air is cold.

but I think I will make it for the intake first since that seems to be the forumual for success.

Back