• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AmekaAquatics.com, anyone herd of them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaya

Hey, I ordered all my stuff online a few days ago, I got everything today except the heater core and pump. Now my heater core is going to be in tomorrow and I can pick it up from Napa so thats cool. The pump which I ordered from AmekaAquatics.com (link_to_pump ) said in an email I recived from them saying that it takes one day to process, so according to them they should be finished processing it today and it should have sent it out for shipping (I don't know if it did because they havent sent me a tracking number, and I don't think they will?) and they also linked me to this http://www.amekaaquatics.com/Merchant2/Shipping.html, for those who don't feel like looking it basicly says UPS Ground will take 6 days to get to my house.. WOW 6 F*****G DAYS, now I don't think that UPS Ground takes so long but maybe they have that chart thing there for a reason..

Anyone ever deal with them or have any ideas on anything about them.. I really don't want to wait 6days to go water cooling.

UPS sucks then because when I order from Newegg and I get my stuff shipped from their Cali wharehouse it doesn't take that long.. GO FEDEX!

hate to say it but if you are anywhere near a large town or small city you probably could have picked up the pump localy with no shipping and much faster. you just call large pet shops and places like home depo and if they dont have it they probably get shipments for stock once a week and can get it in one of their stock shipments

Thorilan, I tried going local for a pump in the setup I'm working on. Most places only had the Iwaki line which I don't want to use (size mostly) but one place had mags. They wanted $115 for a Mag3. It was insane. He might be in the same boat if he goes local.

Thinking I might print a few ads out from online places and show them that a Mag3 isn't $115 heh.

all oyu have to do is go to a local shop and give them the model number ( assuming oyur in the states) hell , you can go to waldenbooks and they will order it for you ( i actualy had my little brother do this for me at a local walden books for a ehiem pumpand they charged only the retail price from the vendor plus a small fee which was way less than shipping and i only had to wait 4 days for the shipment to come in)

that's not true thorilan. Most local small stores want profits and they charge arms and legs for the same item compared to online. Large merchants are different and can order items and resell at lower prices. I'd rather pay for shipping which are much cheaper then buying something from a small local stores such as a pet store.

Edit: most small stores in the States anyway. Don't know about other countries.

Hrm, oh well, I am going to be ordering a GPU block now because my vga fan is by far the loudest and most annoying fan in my computer, frrrrickin high pitched wine that doesnt shutup..

Back