• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Anti-algae + water Dangerous?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kaso

I was thinking, if a young child managed to drink the contense of my water cooling system. Which at the moment is Plain Distilled Water and Some Anti-algae stuff i got from the Pet store. Would this be posionous?

I would check on the box to the anti-algae to see if it were toxic.

If you can remember the name of the stuff, you can probably find it on the internet and find out if it's toxic.

ot see if the store has a website, and look for their anti alge stuff there...

best bet i'd say its mildly toxic, but probly not enought to kill.

Common sense would tell me that if it can keep the most simple plant life from growing, it cant be good to ingest. But since you bought it at a pet store there is are about 3 types. One is safe, one kills most plant life in tank so I say that is bad too but should not be too harmful in small doses diluted, and one that is harmful to inverterbrares. If you feel that for some reason the child cant resist, put some hot pepper oil in the water.

How would your child even get to the liquid? I have a hard time disconnecting the fittings, a young child would have an even more difficult time, especially if you use hose clamps or zip ties.

and then theres the fact that fish live in the stuff....

and maybe he plans on storing it temp while he drains his system for an overhaul

I think it's best to call his/her pediatrician and seek advice. The child should also be watched carefully for any signs of abnormality and prepare to call 911 if needed. I'm sure you know all of this already. One other option is to call local poison control center and see if they have any suggestions.

I think he's just asking this stuff as a precaution, guys. I think it would be kind of hard to get to the water if the case is screwed closed, but hey, *shrug*

Back