• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

pc 3200 512mb, not working with gigabyte mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SynthDelusion

Registered
pc 3200 512mb, not working with gigabyte mobo Help needed!

I have 2 sticks of pc3200 memory, with a gigabyte ga-7n400 pro 2 (rev 2.0)
when i have these sticks in it will sometimes not even boot at all.... not even to the bios (no signal to the monitor), other times it will start up and act like its going to start windows xp (home edition) and during the start up screen it reboots itself..... I at a loss and dunno what to do.... nothign is o/c'd bios has never been updated or anything..

thnx for the help

Last edited:
The board has dip switches that need to be set, have you looked at these to be sure that they are set correctly? I believe there is a switch for the cpu multiplier and one for the cpu default speed. Your sig shows a fsb of 220, therefore, have you have been able to run it at those speeds for some duration or was that on another board? I would also pull out the battery to clear the CMOS (30 seconds), just to be sure that there isn't some setting that you overlooked and needs changing.

the fsb of 220 was on a different board. (sold that system) I have not checked the dip switches yet, but will in a second. I almost wonder if i need to flash the bios?
i tried clearing the cmos, but that didn't help, i cant think of anything else i'm missing.

thanks for the help

there is a dip switch, which allows to set fsb to 100MHz, this should let you get into bios at least. In bios you can try other settings like cpu interface at aggressive or other timings. If you're done set the dip back to auto and boot up.
I hope this leads to a solution in some way.
Is this doesn't help, you should post more precise data on your system.(like ram timings in spd or brand)

I can't think of any reason why you would need to flash the BIOS just to get that board to run at 200. It uses the nForce2 Ultra 400 chipset, which is designed to run 200 fsb cpus.

Back