• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

did i kill 1 of my bioses?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ledzep

hi all
i have an intel 865 mobo "GA 8IPE1000" gigabyte motherboard with the dual bios feature.
i went and flashed the bios twice using the @BioS windows utility , i updated the bios manualy and not through the internaet. i pointed the @BioS to the bios.bin file and flashed.
on the first flash from f8 to f9 bios i disabled the HT in the bios and only then flashed and rebooted.
on the second flash i decided to flash to the latest version f10, so i diabled the HT in the bios (gigabyte say you must disable HT before flashing) and flashed again this time i also checked the option to "clear DMI pool" as sysoft sandra couldnt read my correct bios version and recommended me to clear the dmi pool, so i did. after the flash utility finished i was promped to reboot and i did, but here i think i made a mistake i booted into the bios using the del key and there i enabled HyperaThreading again , i saved the cmos and rebooted, now when i look in sandra it recognises my bios as f10 but it also tell me this:

"Warning W214 - The BIOS can be updated (flashed) but is surface mounted. If the update goes wrong you may not be able to get a new chip to replace the old BIOS. This does not mean that you cannot recover from an unsuccessful flash but it removes an option. (Intel main boards and those using AWARD BIOS have a recovery option)
Fix: You cannot fix this - but keep it in mind when your buy your next main board."

did i ruin my main bios by enabling HT before the system booted for the first time after the second flash?
thanks , ledzep.

Last edited:
na, your bios is Ok. sandra all times says this.
sandra is tellig you that your bios is not "soket" type, its solder over the pcb, so you cant take out it (sorry if you dont understand, is just that i dont speack much enlgish)

74205 said:
na, your bios is Ok. sandra all times says this.
sandra is tellig you that your bios is not "soket" type, its solder over the pcb, so you cant take out it (sorry if you dont understand, is just that i dont speack much enlgish)
yes thats exactly what sandra is saying , gave me a bloddy heart attack, thanks mate thats the answer i was looking for :santa:

Back