• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which memory can i get?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cfuk

Hi all, I've just traded my Corsair XMS cas2 2x 512mb stick and now i need some new memory. I only have a stick of Corsair PC3200 BH5 256mb in at the minute and i know it's really hard to get another stick the same. I don't know what memory i can go for. I don't really have a lot of money and i'm missing the 1GB with games etc. Which would be the best memory for me to get? and do you think it would be worth selling the 256mb stick?

why did you trade? and for what?
Whats "not a lot of money"?
If you have ~$120 you can get OCZ EL, it will do reasonable timings. Of curse for a little more you can get the EB.
Also there is a buffalo PC3700 stick with winbond modules @ newegg.

i traded for an Xbox, games and the 256 stick. I'm from the uk so i have about £125 something like that.

Senater_Cache said:
Also there is a buffalo PC3700 stick with winbond modules @ newegg.

First of all, it has been shipping with Micron ICs, not Winbond ICs for quite a while now, the last user review at newegg with a Winbond comment was Oct 2003. We (several of the guys) have been in contact quite a bit lately with Buffalo Tech about their PC3700 and all I will say about that is:

DON'T BUY THE PC3700.

Buffalo Tech's PC3200 with Micron chips is decent ram and well priced, but avoid the PC3700. It seldom hits rated speeds. I believe that Buffalo Tech ram is available in the UK.

You did indicate that you are looking for a gig, right? What does your budget convert to in USD? I had a currency converter and lost it with a system crash and have yet to replace it.

Back