• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

does this look like a good package for a starter?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

greyharte

80X80X25
Copper
N/A
145x200x40

1) COOLING BASIC UNIT
Basic Unit Dimension: 145x200x40mm, Weight:
Fan Size: 80x80x15mm, Dual Ball Bearing, CFM
Heatsink Size: 120x80x25mm, Copper Material
Front Panel:
Temperature setting button: Set/Up/Down
Temperature Display: 3 digit LCD
Speed Adjust Button: Low/Med/High
Water filling hole
Water level indicator
Water Block

2) CPU WATER BLOCK: 60x60x13mm, Material: Copper + Stainless Steel
Clip Kit for AMD K7/K8, Intel P3/P4
3) VGA WATER BLOCK : 40x40x15mm, Material: Copper + Stainless Steel
Clip Kit: 54.8mm/79.9mm

4) EXTERNAL RADIATOR FAN: 95x85x65mm
Material: Copper + Stainless Steel
Fan:80x80x25mm, Ball Bearing

5) ACCESSORIES: Slicon tubes, Water injector with anti-freeze liquid, thermocouple , dthermal paste

6) OPTION: HDD Block unit

just an added thing ... there is no aluminum, its copper and stainless so that should help reduce dissimilar metal issues and electrolalisys (black death)

Last edited:
no pictures or links?
we cant help you if you dont give us a better idea . it i tell you is this a good car because it measures 160cm by 280cm by 210cm will that help any?

just from the fan and rad size i will say it probably wont perform well but that is about the only assumtion oyu canmake without seeing it

don't get it. It's a waste of your hard earned money. If you want to go wc, save up to about $200 and put together a kicka** wc system.

if you absolutely have to get a kit, get a swiftech kit or one of the Dtek or Dangergen kits. In other words, I haven't seen a kit less than $150 that is worth getting yet. Again, my suggestion is as above.

do not buy one of those crappy kits whatever you do. you wont be happy with the results. like nartac said try and get a danger den or swiftech kit.

Build your own kit:

I see your kits are under $100, so i'll try to put something together under $100 for you.

$25+s -Waterblock: D-Tek Spir@l (for a little more you can get something BETTER)
$20 -Heatercore: 1986 Chevrolette Chevette Heatercore
$20 -Pump: Via Aqua 1300
$8.30 -Tubing: 10' ClearFlex60 1/2" thickwalls
$10+s -Fan: any 120mm fan pushing enough CFM will do
$10 -Fittings/extra hardware: Tee, hose clamps, ect, maybe only $7

TOTAL: 93.30

Will be MUCH better than any of those cheapo kits.

THANK YOU very much SLAYA!!! ... and to everyone else for your feedback on this ...

now ya wanna hear something funny ... told my wife what slaya said ...

and her reply was "oh really?" when she heard the estimated cost, then a resounding "No.." when i told her about the chevette heater core ... "get yourself something good ... you'll just have to save up and work more ot"

lol

so i guess im saving ..
this is what im running:

AMD xp3000+ (stock heatsink/fan)
g-force 5600/256mb
GA-7N400 pro2
mushkin (retail) 2x pc-3200/512mb ddr 2.5-4-4

im looking for long term growth/expandability/reliability here ...

to start(open to suggestion here):

danger den maze 4 cpu/nb/gpu water blocks 1/2" fittings
einheim 1250 pump 1/2"
criticool pump relay
ttl = 202.00

who makes a good resevoir, radiator and temp probe controller?
tho again ... a sealed system maybe superior to resevoir as i live in plateau desert (alb, nm)

Last edited:
here is my suggestion. I think they have better performance then what you listed for about or less money:

DangerDen D4 pump (voyeurmods.com for 68.95)
swiftech mcw 6002-A ($40)
swiftech mcw 20 ($36 with 1/2" adaptor) or DD is ok
swiftech mcw 50 ($38) or DD is ok
86 chevette heater core ($20) or 77 Bonneville with a/c hc for 2 fan setup ($17.99)
10' clearflex 60 1/2 ID $6.50 at Mcmaster.com
T fitting at home depot ($1.50)
worm clamps ($4.00 for 8)

total= about $214

BTW, your wife is mistaken. the chevette hc or the bonneville hc performs as well as the more expensive black ice extreme radiators for much less price. Only thing is you have to do minor mod or no mod at all depending on what you are getting.

Edit: forgot about fans, you can get an excellent quality as well as performance: Sanyo Denki 102cfm 39dba for a big price of $5.00 each from classified section. I own Panaflo and once I got the Denki's and compare the sound and performance, I threw my panaflo away. The Denki's sounded to me like it's quieter than the panaflo but boy, I can feel the air being pushed.

Last edited:
Back