• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4B Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeCentrino

Hey guys im new to the whole concept of overclocking and to this forum. I have taken the time to research the various definitions and tips to overclocking. Here is my system....

Abit IC7-MAX3 Bios 16
Intel 2.4B
[Micron PC2100 512] + [Nanya PC2300 256] x 2 (1gig ram)

I have locked the agp: pci to 1:1. My mem settings are 3,4,4,8. Agp voltage is at 2.6.I think this picture shows where im at pretty well. Does anyone there think ill be able to get a higher clock? :rolleyes: And if so what can do to get one? :-/

Any help offered greatly appreciated!! :)

Attachments

• ff.JPG
    ff.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 83
Welcome to the forums :)

I can say that is good overclock. I could get my old 2,53B @ 3,06GHz with 1.65Vcore. Seems like you have 1 stick of 512mb and two sticks of 256, correct? I really recommend to take that 512mb stick off so you can enable dual channel for better memory bandwith.

Ihave a 2.4b two and that is as high as I can get it two the model version pretty much stop at 3.06 speeds so you will not get much more from it.

Thanks for your opinions :)
Another thing i have noticed is that My bios (16) does not allow me to set my divider to 5:4. My bios gives me 1:1 which im using now and 4:5. Obviously i cant use the 4:5 option because my ram isnt too good and it will be running at a higher clock. Is it because of the processor being a (B) I dont have the 5:4 option available? And how may i get it with this chip? :confused:

Joe

I thought you had already tired different N/B Strap's. Try to set N/B Strap CPU as 800, you might get little higher overclock.

Back