• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

d4 and the swiftech 650

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

I know that these are the same pump. But does anyone know what the jumper is on the back side. I have both pumps and one came with the pins shorted and the other came without them shorted.

seaborn said:
I know that these are the same pump. But does anyone know what the jumper is on the back side. I have both pumps and one came with the pins shorted and the other came without them shorted.

I remember reading somewhere the DD 4 pumps come with a jumper which prevents it from running under 12v. If you remove the jumper I think it allows your pump to start at a lower voltage. If I recall correctly, the Swiftech pumps don't come with the jumper, only the DD pumps.

Yeah, from this thread.

to those with Laing pumps that will not start below 10VDC:
on the backside there are 2 rectangular openings, one of which may have 2 pins with a jumper on them

the jumper prevents the pump from starting below 10VDC, remove it and the pump will start at 6VDC (or so)

if no jumper or pins are apparent, pump should start fine at low voltage

the MCP650 from Swiftech will ship without the jumper

Back