• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting the core?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

slaya

Hey, I have a 86 Chevette core, I am going to put my heater core in the bottom front and have the fan set to pull heat away. My question is which side should I put the fan on, like have it go FAN>SHROUD>HEATERCORE>CASE or HEATERCORE>SHROUD>FAN>CASE?

I see many people put it in FAN>SHROUD>HEATERCORE>CASE order, but wouldn't that pull hot air from the heater core into my case?

Oh and on a side not I am going to use a tupperware container as my shroud, atleast for now, and will double sided tape be good to keep air from leaking around the sides?

wouldn't that pull hot air from the heater core into my case?

You have to choose between lower CPU temp w/ higher case temp, or higher CPU temp with cooler case.

the difference for me with that core was ~41core/38case pumping air from the outside, vs 43core/36case pumping case air through the core.

Last edited:
Back