• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Central air and condensation?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Big_Baller

OK we just got central air put in our house and I was wondering about somthing. If I were to put my radiator inside the vent it would cool the water pretty good. I just put my temp probe inside the vent and heres what I got.

Inside the vent: 53ºC
My room: 72ºC
This old humidity thingy in our kitchen says that the house is at 56 humidity.

If I did put my rad inside the vent and say one fan on it would this get the water cold enough to cause condensation inside my case?

I had to resize it to upload the file and it kind of screwed it up. Here's a link to the original.
With your ambient of 72F you'll get condensation if the water is at or below 15C (59F). It'll be close. But you can probably make it work without condensation. It will depend on what kind of rad you use and how much airflow goes through it.

Attachments

• condensationchart.gif
    condensationchart.gif
    13.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Would help if we knew what pump, rad, and fans you're running, and also the best delta you've achieved with your setup (delta being the difference between ambient and case and cpu temps). If it turns out that your delta is small enough for condensation to occur you could always try moving the rad away from the vent such that the ambient being pulled into it is a bit higher, thus cooling your water less. Might also be possible to just turn your fans down to 7v or 5v to push your temps into a safe zone, killing two birds with one stone: cool and quiet :cool:

Back