• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XP Pro SP2 clean install, no java?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fastcuda

I got a new hd and installed xp pro (no service packs) and the new sp2 download. When I tried to access some web pages with ie it said something like java support turned off on some previously working windows that dont load anymore. I looked all over in preferences and setup, tried to turn on a few things, and could not find where to turn java support on. So I installed netscape and told internet explorer to use that java finally. It is really slow compared to what it used to be loading thoise pages now. Any ideas what I did wrong? I went to ms update site and it says everything is installed and current.

You can still get the MSJava VM (albeit an older version) from the following site...

ftp://ftp.visualware.com/pub/java/msjavx86.exe

Ensure that you install the Java VM critical update (the latest version of the Virtual Machine) from the Windows Update site, after installing the above version.

...to answer your question, SP2 doesn't include the MSJava VM.

I tried that link and it said its not signed and I said install anyway and a window came up that said java is not supported by them or microsoft anymore, would I like to install suns java support instead, which I think I already installed with netscape. Why is it slower, did microsoft put something in their code to make suns java load slower and look bad? Theres a little sun coffee cup that comes up whenever a java web page loads now. :-/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back