• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Locally obtainable additives for color

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I live in a decent sized city: autozone, checker autoparts, napa, etc. I'm looking for a good blue antifreeze to mix in the loop. Any ideas? I'm not so keen on going to the store and opening up each jug or asking some motor head ;)

Thnx,
Froz

Go down to your local VW dealer/service center. They should have blue antifreeze. It's made for mid 90s Jettas I think. Just ask for blue antifreeze. They should know what you're talking about.

Stay away from food colouring, in my experience it looses it's color after a few months, and stains your tubes an opaque brown after time. It's also apparantly bad for some pumps (something to do with particle size?).

I figure the less crap you stick in there the better so i'm not so keen on using food coloring + anti freeze. thanks for the vw tip. I'll give em a hollar.

Back