• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a LOT of new bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabyte has just release a lot of new bios for their intel based boards. i know so many people comes here and have a GA-8KNXP, so i give the link to this new "FI" Bios: http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_GA-8KNXP (Rev 2.0).htm

the new bios says "Support Intel Celeron-D CPU ". well, not much, but.......
by the way, THIS bios is for the REV2.0, the v1.0 dont have any new bios.

also if you have other intel based board from gigabyte, check if you have a new bios. in the next link you can found the last, but not all, the new bios: http://tw.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/BIOS/BIOS_List.htm

Good flashing :santa2:

thanks mate,
i saw the new bios 2 days ago so i flashed my GA-8IPE1000 to F10 altough i dont have a celeron cpu i saw the F9 had some change in microcode and i was runing on F8 so figured will upgrade to F10 as im sure it has the microcode changes from the F9 bios.
system is runing fine.......
cheers , lz.

Ok ive been look every where, but where do i find out my Bios number, im using the 8IK1100, i look when it boots and in the bios and it seems like the @BioS always has a "new" bios.

Thanks

Yep its Rev 2 and i got the new bios. One wierd thing is that with FG My idle Temp was 37 and my load was fifty now my idle is 24 and my load is ~35 I don't know what one to believe.

I updated to F12 and now my default voltage for my CPU is 1.08xxx, and if I attempt to change the voltages at all in the BIOS it locks.

Worst of all, reflashing back to F11 or F10 has no effect. I mean it reflashes fine, but same issue.

Posted this in ABXZone forums, thought you guys might be interested too.

MacClipper said:
I am revisiting an old issue this time (posted earlier in this thread) on loss of o'c with resuming from S3 sleep. I have done some investigations on my own and by now, I am quite sure there is a bug in the 8KNXP firmware even in the latest F12 version with regards S3 sleep and the refreshing of clock generator states. This happens in a freshly installed Win XP/SP2 as well.

Very often, resuming from S3 sleep results in the PC going back to stock speed irregardless of what was set in the BIOS - the overclock FSB as well as the AGP/PCI locks are all lost. This can be shown clearly by using ClockGen. See the following pics.

Fresh boot - overclocked FSB and AGP/PCI locks are in place.
8KNXP_freshboot.jpg

Resuming from S3 sleep, it goes back to stock speed and if you use ClockGen to increase the FSB, the AGP/PCI increases as well (loss of lock).
8KNXP_S3sleepJPG.jpg

Have emailed Gigabyte again on this, waiting for their reply. :)

MacClipper said:
Posted this in ABXZone forums, thought you guys might be interested too.

i haven noticed it, but i dont use much the sleep mode. anyway, an interesting notice, and posible bug report...........

The S3 sleep problem with the 8KNXP BIOS is more or less confirmed cos I went out and got a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe rev. 2 mobo, swapped out the 8KNXP and let Win XP/SP2 reconfigure for a while. And when all is set and done, tried out the S3 sleep and resume - the P4C800-E has no problem waking up to its previous overclocked state - every time, all the BIOS settings are intact unlike the 8KNXP. Note that both are using the same Win XP install.

Boo to Gigabyte for refusing to even acknowledge the continuing bug in their BIOS and blaming it on inaccurate 3rd party utilities instead. :(

Hhum, on a note about the "locked " vcore with Bios F12 version for Rev 1 ... i actually belive thats intentionaly with Prescotts, i read somewhere about some other brand limiting the over volt possabilities of the prescotts, due to there self adjusting vcore feature... (not that it been working with my cpu / bios, but im still on F10)

I then mailed Gigabyte, and asked what there take on this was, but simply got everywhere from "no" answer to "no good" answer... they simply dident put enough time in to it, but insted decided on first look that i was missinformed, since i asked about self adjusting vcores, and they dident know of it... So they in short told me to "get lost".

Anyone been able to confirm the "locked" vcore behavior on a different rig?

Have a nice day.
B!

Back