• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MS Blast??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

verbatim

Its happened twice in about 6 months, but after I have been stressing out the computer with lots of commands/running programs, I get that little box pop up that says have 60sec's to save as the computer is about to shut down.
This is what MSBlast does isnt it? I thought that it happened every time u booted ur computer tho?
Nothing shows up with a scan of NAV2004.
What do u think is the problem and what should I do about it?
Ta

If you're running win XP turn off system restore.

Run this

It should solve your problem. Many of my customers ran NAV2004 and it would overlook certain viruses. Panda caught them all.

***Don't forget to update your O/S***

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I ran and did the above and didnt find anything, except some little backdoor things in stuff etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Settings for bloodhound are set at recommended setting. (there is a higher one) Norton is up to date and windows was patched about a month ago.
Is there any normal way this box would pop up?

If your RPC got corrupted... yeah it could... it sounds like something either corrupted your software or a current program is shutting it off and forcing the reboot.

I would recommend either a format or possibly a SP2 upgrade... but idk if your machine would like the latter. I think a format would be in your best interest right now.

One thing as well is that it might be the sasser. It does the same thing should tell you what file it is shutting down on. like you have 15 seconds, the lsass.exe has quit and needs to reboot something like that

Back