PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first watercooling kit, few Qs

zidion
08-14-04, 11:03 PM
Where can I buy the coolant/antifreeze stuff? Mine came with a bootle, but i used it for my pump.

When the water gets low and you need to add more, do you add more coolant? If so, can you mix coolants, bc I dont know what kind mine was...

thanks
-Al

nartac
08-14-04, 11:09 PM
most of your questions are answered in the stickies. But being a nice guy, you can buy coolant/antifreeze from your local auto stores like pep boys, autozone, kragen, etc. When water gets low and you only need to add a little, then you can just add distilled water. If you want to make sure, just add a solution of mixture of antifreeze to distilled water. Most people like 10-15% of antifreeze to water.

Anyway, read the stickies. I certainly did when I first started out.

zidion
08-14-04, 11:17 PM

in the stickies it says the water/coolant solution is like 90/10

in the manual i got w/ my kit, it says 3.5/1

am i adding too much then?

nartac
08-14-04, 11:30 PM
no, I don't think so. Kit solution components are probably different from auto antifreeze. Auto antifreeze most likely more viscous.

slaya
08-15-04, 06:21 AM
in another post in this forum, somone said anti-freeze is not necessarry if you are using distilled water but some people do it anyway for security, if that statement was true i'd put abour 3%, which will give you better cooling.. if you ahve all copper that would help too(i think)