• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got my first watercooling kit, few Qs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zidion

Registered
Where can I buy the coolant/antifreeze stuff? Mine came with a bootle, but i used it for my pump.

When the water gets low and you need to add more, do you add more coolant? If so, can you mix coolants, bc I dont know what kind mine was...

thanks
-Al

most of your questions are answered in the stickies. But being a nice guy, you can buy coolant/antifreeze from your local auto stores like pep boys, autozone, kragen, etc. When water gets low and you only need to add a little, then you can just add distilled water. If you want to make sure, just add a solution of mixture of antifreeze to distilled water. Most people like 10-15% of antifreeze to water.

Anyway, read the stickies. I certainly did when I first started out.

in the stickies it says the water/coolant solution is like 90/10

in the manual i got w/ my kit, it says 3.5/1

am i adding too much then?

no, I don't think so. Kit solution components are probably different from auto antifreeze. Auto antifreeze most likely more viscous.

in another post in this forum, somone said anti-freeze is not necessarry if you are using distilled water but some people do it anyway for security, if that statement was true i'd put abour 3%, which will give you better cooling.. if you ahve all copper that would help too(i think)

Back