• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

so far, i'm at 255 FSB!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zexmarquies01

I decided to test out my OCZ EB PC3500 512Meg Stick of ram.

so far, i'm able to boot easily into windows, without a single problem, at 255 FSB. :attn:

now, i'm at 3.2 Volts. i doubt it will work at 3.1 Volts.

i wonder how much higher i can get.

also, anyone else with this ram able to get higher?

oh, and i'm also using the DFI Lanparty B Mobo. since its able to deliver up to 3.3 Volts to the Dimm's.

Anyone else with this ram get any higher?

well, i'm about to Re-boot, and see if i can hit 260!

oh, and i wanted to post a screenie of my 255 FSB hit so far.

Attachments

• 255 FSB.jpg
    255 FSB.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 189
i lot of people are getting really sick fsb out of the EB series (270+ fairly easily)

more than likely your board will max before the ram (depending on timings obviously). Relax the timings and find out your board's ceiling!

yeah, so far at these timings that OCZ gave, my max is at 255.

oh, my timings are at 2.5,3,2,8.

Maybe i should raise the CAS to 3. see what i can hit.

but still 255 FSB isn't something to be dissapointed about!

well i am now at 260.

no matter what timings i seem to choose, i can't hit 265 FSB.

i think 260 is rougly the limit for either my ram, or board.

but still, 260! whooo, i am still happy!

Make sure your cooling the ram with a fan. Some people have gotten an extra 5-10Mhz by cooling the EB. Also the EB clocks the furthes with cas 3

Steve

That is for the upcoming final fantasy 7 movie. thats a wicked result man.. i wonder if this ram could do similarly on a infinity... bleh... deciding on memory is hell.. grr grrr.

Valk said:
wonder if this ram could do similarly on a infinity... bleh... deciding on memory is hell.

yes i imagine that it would.

just out of curiosity, what bios are you using
zexmarquies01, i was never succesful runnig CAS3 w/ my DFI, i had D43's, and D5 i wanted to us in it, but CAS3 resulted in almost instant "4 leds of death"/bios corruption.. :mad:

yeah, at CAS 3 i can Hit 260, and get into windows.

but then regular programs arn't even stable. I'll go check my E-mail, and Explorer Crashes, or AIM crashes on me, and such.

So i know i won't be memtest stable at 260 FSB.

I was trying to go for 265. i couldn't get into windows. or i would just get into windows, and it crash, or re-boot on me.

and yes, i do have a fan blowing directly on my ram. its at 3.2 volts right now, and the ram is niiice and cool to the touch. if i took that fan away, the ram gets friggin HOT!!!!

Oh, and my Background, is of FF7 Advent Children. On the right, is sephiroth, on the left is cloud. their bodies merged into one. i love it! i can't wait for the movie to come out!

But i think i'll stay around 250-255 FSB. i want to make sure i'm stable and all, most of all. but still 250-255 FSB isn't something to be dissapointed about!

now, its to bad my processor will NOT hit 2.7 Ghz for ANYTHING. a High multi, low FSB, or a High FSB, and lower multi, still nothing. it will NOT hit 2.7 Ghz for ANYTHING at all. Oh well, i guess i'll just have to stick with a 600 MHZ overclock :D

uh...i forget which bios i have....i know its not the defult one....i forget...

i'll find out later, whenever i re-boot my computer again.

Jess1313 said:
yes i imagine that it would.

just out of curiosity, what bios are you using
zexmarquies01, i was never succesful runnig CAS3 w/ my DFI, i had D43's, and D5 i wanted to us in it, but CAS3 resulted in almost instant "4 leds of death"/bios corruption.. :mad:

I'm using the 6/19 bios and cas3 works fine.

I loaded windows at 270 fsb once. I could use internet explorer and surf the internet but that's about it.

Back