• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Abit NF7, USB 2.0 driver and Windows 2003

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

The Coolest

I'm using NF7 mobo and windows 2003, but when I install the nforce drivers, it installs everything fine except the USB 2.0 drivers. It says that I need WinXP SP1, while I have windows 2003. And it just won't install these USB 2.0 drivers.
It didn't bother me really, but now I intend to get a USB 2.0 pen drive and really want to have USB 2.0 enabled for fast file transfer.
Any help would be appriciated.

are you sure usb 2.0 isn't working? check your transfer speeds off of the usb drive

Everything looks good in device manager, I've ordered one of those USB 2.0 pen drives for a friend, and will be testing it out tommorow to see if it works at USB 2.0 speeds, and will report back.
Thanks for the replies so far

USB 1.1 is only 12mbps, so if USB 2.0 wasn't working the max speed I could get out of this pen drive would be about 1MB/s correct?
Right now I'm getting something around 5.5MB/s when copying a large file from the HD to the pen drive. so I guess that USB 2.0 is working? What do you think?

Back