• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4C800-E refurbished?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

busta`

I ordered an ASUS P4P800-E the other day for retail price, but now I see that Newegg has the P4C800-E for $109 refurbished, but is it to risky to buy a motherboard refurbed from newegg? Even if it didn't come with software, which I can download, is there something in it that could possibly make it a risky buy?

Basically, all I am asking, is if I should cancel my original order of the P4P800-E retail and replace it with a P4C800-E refurb.

Thanks for any help :)

For what it's worth, I got a refurb p4c800-e from newegg and it works fine. Did the droop mod and vdimm mod on it and it oc's as well as my non-refurb.

Thanks for the reply. Just curious, why exactly would I want to do the droop and vdimm mods to it? What are the benefits?

Thanks

You can search this section for more details, but basically the droop mod prevents the vcore from dropping too much when it's under full load. The vdimm mod is needed to boost the memory voltage over max allowed by the bios. If you're going to go over 270fsb, I would recommend the droop mod.

Back