• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new ram

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cujo

what are the good chips out there to look for? i'm planning on going down to my local shop and see if i can pick out any jems. they have a variety of cheap ram and i just need to know what number/letter sequences to keep my eyes out for.

preferably i'd like something that'll do tight timings with my current mobo and then fly with the high fsbs when nf4 comes out. does anyone know if nf4 will be ddr2? if yes then this whole thread is irrelevant i guess. heh. though i dunno if i can hold off with this 512mb until then...

maybe i could add a 512mb stick and then run dual channel still. then sell it all if i need ddr2 for nf4. anyway let me know plz.

Despite my experiences, looking for some mT -5BC or -5BG might work ok. Reefa_Madness pointed me to some Samsung TCCD, so I might look around to see if it's available on any 'value' modules. BH-5 or BH-6 is always a nice find...but I don't think you'll find it. Sigh...I can dream.

johan851 said:
Despite my experiences, looking for some mT -5BC or -5BG might work ok. Reefa_Madness pointed me to some Samsung TCCD, so I might look around to see if it's available on any 'value' modules. BH-5 or BH-6 is always a nice find...but I don't think you'll find it. Sigh...I can dream.

Don't get your hopes up yet for finding it in the value bins yet. It is too darn new and they haven't manufactured all of the high-end stuff yet.

Kingston seems to always end up with the good chips in their valueram at some point, just not right at the beginning of the chips production. So far, Winbond bh-6, Micron -5B C, some other good Sammies and Hynix bt-d43 have ended up in the KVR. Have every reason to think (hope?) that in time, once Samsung cranks up production of these new chips, these new Sammies will end up there, as well.

I saw some BT-D43 in KVR 2x256 at Best Buy today. The sales guy didn't know jack, and they didn't have anything interesting in 2x512mb. Or even just single 512mb, for that matter.

Back