• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New memory for my NF7-S 2500-M and my future A64

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NaNoBLaZe01

I'm going to be upgrading my RAM soon from this junk I have now. (comp specs in sig) I need some help choosing some RAM, im gonna be overclocking for sure... This rig is gonna be used for gaming. When I step up to A64, hopefully, II'll still be able to use the RAM... These are my current candidates:

Ballistix 512MB PC3200 CAS 2
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=20-146-546&depa=1

Ballistix 512MB PC4000 CAS 2.5
http://www.crucial.com/ballistix/store/couponpricing.asp?PARTNO=BL6464Z505&BASEPARTNO=BL6464Z505

i would definaly go w/ the PC3200 ballistics, if im not mistakin they have Micron "-5b G" modules, which work great w/ A64, and so do alright in your NF7.

yeah also have great overclocking, i have seen them at pc4000 speeds, w/ 2.5-2-2-5 timings at 2.65vdimm

review here...

AnAndtech said:
........The only memory that duplicated the Intel results on Athlon 64 was the Crucial Ballistics PC3200, based on Micron chips. Across the entire range from DDR400 to DDR514, the Ballistix performed at the same voltages and timings that it displayed on the Intel test bed. This performance reminds us that Micron memory chips are also used in OCZ 3500EB and 3700EB, which also perform as well on Athlon 64 as they do on an Intel board......

OCZ's EB PC3700 seem to be the best for A64. If you're cheap ( like me ) get the Buffalo PC3200 Micron C ( same chips as OCZ ) from www.tblmemory.com . Clevor and some others have had some nice OC with the Buffalo. Keep in mind they also have the Buffalo PC3700 Micron C, but they're just speed binned 3200.

3700EB, or try the ballistix. Its touch and go with the ballistix though, not all sticks are as good as one another. The EB though seems to perform pretty constatly, with the odd geat stick.

i think gonna consider OCZ's EB PC3700... how much more would they be?

oh yea, when do i start to get all those pretty little stars? :)

Back