• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4gig WC project...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wfarid

getting a 3.2e
and 6800ultra

both will be watercooled...

wc setup:

d-tek whitewater
mcp600
two Swiftech Mcr80 rads
1 Pro Heatercore from d-tek (with Sayno Denki fan)
Gainward gpu waterblock

Now i'm pretty sure that with 2 rads that can dissapate 275 watts of heat and one pro heatercore my temps should be pretty decent even with a pressy at 4.0 and the steamy 6800ultra...

Since I have such a restrictive loop should I stick with the mcp600 Or shoud i hit up the mcp650? And the whitewater performs pretty well in a restrictive setup right?

I would run dual 120mm dual fan set up rads..If ya are going wild ya mught as well hit the wall at the max..

yea but the problem is space... i cant just shove heatercores everywhere... and ppl wc only off those 80mm rads so they arent crap, they will cool down the pressy and the graphics card... the real problem isn't even the pressy, i could oc the pressy to 4.0 with a pro rad and a sanyo denki.... they new pressies generate less heat and what not... adding the grapgics card into the loop is the problem...

Actually the new Pressies generate exactly the same amount of heat from everything I've seen, but you're right; adding the GPU is the problem. If you're going to be running two rads and a HC to combat the extra heat, you'll be far better served with the MCP650.

hmm would i have less of a heat problem if i just got a x800 XT Platinum Edition rather than the 6800ultra?

Back