• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bypass Welcome screen in XP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xstatic

Ok heres is what I want to do. I want to bypass the logon welcome screen all together. I want to turn the computer on and it starts up all the way into windows with out any interaction. I use to be able to do this on a previous instalation but now I either forgot how or it did it by itself. I only have 1 user account on this computer and its me. This is all I have ever had even on previous instalations. I always thought that if you have only 1 user and have no password it would automaticly boot straight into windows with out stoping at the welcome screen waiting for you to click on your name.

Thnx.

Start | Run | Type...control userpasswords2 and click OK | On the "Users" tab, clear the "Users Must Enter A User Name And Password To Use This Computer" check box and then click OK | In the "Automatically Log On" dialog box that appears, type the user name and password for the account you want to be logged on each time you start your computer.

Back