• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a pump/specs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Maharg

I've been running my W/C rig for a while, unfortunately the pump in my res right now is falling apart, so I'll need a new one.

The thing is, I threw away the box, so I don't know the model or specs of my pump. It is a Laguna pump used for gardens, to shoot fountains up. I'm pretty sure it was over 300 GPH...

I went to a fish store yesterday and the guy was offering me Eheims for over $100, which I don't want to spend.

Can you guys tell me what specs I should look for in a pump with this rig:

MSI K7D - Maze 3 blocks on CPUs, 1/2" ID tubing.

Pump sits in reservoir -- pumps to CPU1 -- pumps to CPU2 -- pumps to Rad -- pumps back to reservoir.

Thanks very much all

Thanks for the replies - I'm not sure what the L35 is...

I guess I'm looking for specs more than exact models (though model recommendations are appreciated!)

What sort of GPH and Head specs will I need for my rig?

kind of off topic but why not have:

Pump sits in reservoir -- pumps to rad -- pumps to CPU1 -- pumps to CPU2 -- pumps back to reservoir.

Submersible pumps put heat into the water, so why not have the coolest water getting to the CPU first, instead of having the coolest water get to the res and be heated before reaching the CPUs ?
Just out of curiosity...maybe you have some good reason for doing this, sorry if you do :)

Hey Envy,

I've been reading that on these boards (the order you posted) and to be honest, I don't know why I do it in the order I do. My system has been sitting running for quite some time, and I never thought of it and have since forgotten any reason (assuming I had one) for setting it up this way.

Maybe when I get a new pump I'll switch the order around...

Back