• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dangerden Maze 4 Fits My EVGA 6800.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kunaak

I thought the hole pattern was suppose to be different, but upon taking off my heatsink of my 6800 today, I found some holes that looked familiar, and sure enough, my regular old Maze 4 GPU block fits right on my 6800.

is this unique to EVGA cards, or are other people finding thier old waterblocks fit thier 6800's just fine too?

I always heard the 6800's have a different hole pattern, hence you need a new waterblock for it, but for the EVGA, it's the same as always, just the plain old Nvidia hole pattern.

I went from 52C to 42C.
and a max OC of...

424/840 to 445/855

just a word, the ram sinks on the EVGA are an absolute neccessity in my case, without them I lost 40 mhz on the ram OC.
it's the most extreme case of "needing ramsinks" I ever seen.
cause without it, the card overheats very fast for some reason.

now I see why dangerden chose a core and mem cooler, instead of a adaptor for the maze 4.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 259
last one, I promise.
I am just trying to show as much as possible to show the maze 4 does fit my videocard, and maybe yours too :)

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 256
Well that's a real deal, especially since the 6800 dd block is $$ and not so great. Have you though about mountin a fan on there to cool the ram heatsinks? that may help. I like a 80 or 92mm fan and zip tie approach.

I wonder if other brands of 6800's have the extra holes...

or if the other EVGA cards do, like the GT and Ultra?

only the NU's have these, as both the GT's and the ultras do not

i don't know if all the NU's have these, but they should if they're reference designs

but i do know that none of teh gt's or ultras have these extra holes

_

Kunaak said:
I wonder if other brands of 6800's have the extra holes...

or if the other EVGA cards do, like the GT and Ultra?

6800coreHS.jpg

this is a pic of my eVGA 6800 Limited Edition (QC failed Ultra) so id GUESS that the ultra's dont have thoes extra holes :(

Back