• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Drilling holes in radiator for bleeding

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

Has anyon drilled holes like this
Rad_holes.jpg
for purposes of bleeding your rads? Assuming they were mounted horizontally. I was thinking perhaps drilling a hole and then usin a screw w/a rubber washer to seal it back up after it was bled. though I'm wondering how messy that would be anyhow. thoughts?

You could drill a hole and solder a barb into that spot, add a piece of hose and top it with a plug/cap. That way you don't have to worry about a perfect seal with the screw/washer. I beleive someone has done this before. Try searching the forums.

I think I'd do almost anything but that. Certainly consider a T or other options before you mess with that.

It just seems like more work than is necessary IMO.

i know it seems like a lot of work but i know i'm going to hav ea hell of a time tryin to get the air out of those things. I'm looking into T's as well, and my res should help a little bit. unfortunately the rads are on even level with the res and the blocks are the highest point.

Back