• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your OCing experience on GA-8KNXP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SPQQKY

Hey all. I recently did I guess you could call a downgrade to put an extra HDD in my system to run RAID 0 and put a little extra cash in my pocket. However, I doubt I will be happy without OCing to some extent. I sold my 2.8C SL6Z5 that did 3.5GHz defualt volts and 3.8GHz with extra volts and air cooling. This was on an Asus P4C800-E Deluxe which I also sold. I picked up a 2.4C SL6WJ which I am told by the seller will do 3.2GHz default volts and 3.48GHz with 1.65v.....I also picked up a used GA-8KNXP (non Ultra). Now I was just wondering what is the highest FSB people using this board have obtained? I will be limited by the 1.6v for the core on this board, but my A-Data Vitesta DDR500 can hit 270 with 2.7v, so I am not worried about the RAM limiting me. Anyway, post your highest OC and your 24/7 clocks for me so I know what to expect...(I know boards will differ slightly, just trying to get a base comparison).
Thanks,
Dominic

one of the best OC boards that i have tested. i have rev2.0 and my max voltages for the core are 1.76v. i manage to overclock my 2.8C to 3.5 whitout problems whit a kingston 512/4000. i manage to hit 3.73 but i have temerature problems. i think the board can suport more overclock, but i had to find a way minimise the temp.

Well Dps in revision 1 was useless in revision 2 is helpfull and it seems to work with certain fsb. As goes for gigabyte board it's simple amazing I had cpu on water close to 4Ghz what amazing it failed prime 95 right away, I played unrealtournament 2004 for four hours never kick me out of game or hang system, none of the downlaoded files was damage, and system operated smoothly, the board didn't do any trouple at that speed either,

Well, my board is a turd. I cannot get it stable much over 225 fsb with a 2.4C SL6Z3 30 capper. The chips is able to go to 290+ on other boards. It also displays lower unbufffered bandwidth scores than other boards I have used at similar speeds, even with settings maxed in BIOS. The gigaRAID seems faster than the Highpoint RAID I have tried, but that is about all I like about the board.

Back