• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can Photoshop and Flash be installed on OSX and Win2K from same CD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Toasty_Squirrel

I'm hoping that someone out there in this always-helpful forum can answer another several-thousand dollar question for me.

I've Been running Windows 2K for years now and I am looking to *potentially* purchase a Mac to add to my assort ment of OS's; primarily because so I want to take advantage of some of the enhancements when it comes to working with graphics and digital artwork that the Mac actually does offer over a PC. So here's my question; I've got a copy of Adobe Photoshop CS and Macromedia Studio MX 2004. I've heard that both of these CDs actually contain the install for both the Windows and the Mac version.

Does anyone know if this "rumor" is true or not or if there is a way I could tell in case there are different "distrobutions" of the disks? And no, I of course don't have the boxes anymore. Who the hell keeps that stuff anyway? I'm not sure if I'm in the mood to go out and purchase another copy of each software to accompany the multi-thousand dollar purchase I'm already looking to invest in a new computer and OS.

If anyone knows, let me know :bday: Thanks!

- Toasty

i can tell u from my experience it doesnt. i have premeir 6.0, PS 7.0,. Dreamweaver studio...stuffit, illustrator, and acrobat writter, and it ONLY shows up on my mac. Slip it in my windows box, and it just cant read the CD (wrong File System).

I guess if your box says requirements for both i THINK itd run both.

On the other hand, i got my hands on the .iso for PS CS, and theresa buncha files in there win32 does recognize (course linux recognized everything) so ill try burning that later and seeing if it will work on my mac.

you are going to have to check the manufacturers website and see if it can or not. I am sure it is on the respective websites;)

Back