• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Combustion 3 lags TERRIBLE!...why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadSkillzMan

i highly doubt anyone out there uses combustion..but i know we have 3dsmax users and other people who enjoy discreets software....even if we are "ameteurs" ...

Anyways, i obtained combustion 3, upgrades to 3.02. It lags so bad on my dually. i mean im well above the minimum requirements. People run this thing great on single 1ghz powerbooks, 900mhz POS dell laptops...etc..my friend has a real pos gateway at 733mhz, 16mb video ram, 256megs of ram, and itll outperform my big rig.

So i have this HUGE RIG(main sig rig). it kills in any other video editing/composition situation. Totally rips thru ulead, but combustion CONSTNATLY crashes, lags, freezes, and i cant figure out why. SOmetimes itll take 5minutes to render a 15second segment of full uncompressed .avi at 320x240, with no sound (have yet to get it to work).

Ulead can encode god knows how much in 5 minutes to like wmv9 or divx....i dont get it...im thinkin possibly video card issue...my friend has a huge machine as well, but ulead doesnt play nice with his Nvidia, so he cant even run it.

So im assuming hardware issue guys? maybe vid card? or some little cahce setting?

Also this thing didnt work wortha darn upon install. XP SP2 messed it up BIG TIME, had to uninstall it. ...dont really wanna resort to the usual option of FORMAT IT.