• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

No white water for me

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

whoever

Im building a wc setup but my dad is afraid of it leakign all over the floor, so he has to approve of this, so that immidatly rules out the white water cause theat y splitter, though it may be safe, looks scary. so i was woundering, what are the best block that only have 1 in and 1 out? and also, how does the maze 4 compare? Cause Im buying all my fans and lights from directron.com and it would be nice to save on the shipping, plus its cheap.

well nothing make 3 barbed blocks dangerous,and if i may ask why do u say that?Well some questions for you.
1.what do you want to cool?(cpu chipsett graphics card etc)
2.Is there a budget?

I don't neccessariyly think they are but my dad WON'T like it so Im not going to do the white water. At any rate its for CPU and the buget its $50, preferably around $30-$40

I assume he wouldn't like it because it's a plastic piece and it's four more barbs to worry about. If your heat is set on the WW tell him that the plastic barbs actually hold onto the tubing more tightly than the metal barbs on the blocks.

For two barb blocks your best bet is the new dangerden tdx or swiftec's 6002 (think that's model number)

there is far more risk of leaking occurring in a poly-topped block or a poorly made reservoir, as far as I know. If you use worm gears, the barbs should be fairly tight and you won't have much to worry about..

Get the Swiftech MCW6002... performs as good or better than the WW, no poly and all copper. Simple.

nikhsub1 said:
Get the Swiftech MCW6002... performs as good or better than the WW, no poly and all copper. Simple.

More importantly (in this case) it has 2 barbs. ;) The 6002 is also cheaper than the WW. So extra bonus. :beer:

If you're looking to g et your whole water cooling setup for $50 then good luck.. but you can get a good cpu block for that much.

Syx said:
If you're looking to g et your whole water cooling setup for $50 then good luck.. but you can get a good cpu block for that much.

my budget on the block is $50

Im pretty set on the TDX, it out preromed the ww in the artilce I posted above

Icebl@ster : "your wont gett far witth $50"

thats possibly the most useless post i've ever seen.

and $50 is more than enough for a waterblock. i paid $20 shipped ofr mine new, and its not the worst ever, iether. Theres only so much temp you can get with a piece of copper cooled by water, the best block ever and a medium block arent far apart. temp wize.

well the cascade is the best two barb block but not for sale

id say go with the swiftech if u want to be safe that one piece design has very little chance of leaking i myself have a TDX and its been working good for me

whoever said:
Im pretty set on the TDX, it out preromed the ww in the artilce I posted above

You're basing that off one review from pimprig? Many people here, including me, trust reviews from Pheatus over at ProCooling for accurate testing. BillA and JoeC also do nice reviews, but Pheatus made this nice little comparison chart. Linkage.

I vote for the mcw6002 also (1/2" ID tubing, or mcw 6000 for 3/8" ID tubing). It's not an expensive block, and it has impressive performance to boot.

http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcw6002.asp

The copper top is brazed to the base, and the barbs are soldered on to boot.
You'd have to hit it with a truck a couple of times to make it leak, and I think you'd have many more problems with the computer itself by then...

Besides, that copper color w/Bloo is sexy ;)

mcw6002 would be my choice if i were setting up a system right now (i might actually go with the mcw6000, but thats another story). the TDX is nice and flashy, but the swiftech is better.

Parents are so ****ing stupid somtimes i swear. My dad and mom say the same ****. If they even knew I had WC that would be my ***..They say crap like "why ruin a perfectly good computer"... "they built it that way for a reason, when you get your engineering degree then you can design a computer"...same with anything... my truck must remain stock..Arr Gawd I can't wait till I get in the dorms next semester.:)

Do not bypass the filter using cutesy spellings of censored words........this will be my only warning regarding this.

LutaWicasa
Forums Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:
Back