• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help positioning tubes/pc for Waterbox -warning pix and confusion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Froz

I'm an idiot and I feel like I've just keep screwing up with this thin one way or another. I put the resevior on the wrong side and it's causing me mucho grief now that i'm plannin on where to run the tubing. I'll post what I have so far here and hopefully somebody will have some ideas. This thing is made out of acyrlic and I can cut holes etc no problem. The grey is carpet foam and is used to damper the sound and create the shrouds.

First, here's a top down view of the components.
topdown.jpg

The bottom left is the resevior, next to it is the pump compartment, The Mag 3 is hooked up but the hydor is not, though it's easy to see how it will be. The pumps outlets will go into the rads bottom inlets. The power compartment is on the bottom right and is currently a freakin mess. All of the blue is going to be cut off. One thing to note is that the pumps are powered by a pci relay card, so a power cord needs to go to the computer somehow yet. The sunbeam rheobus will control all the above fans and some lights that I haven't added yet. There's a PSU under the sunbeam and I'll be modding it so the power cord for will go underneath the box inbetween it's feet. There's just enough room for the thickness of one cord.

Here's what is supposed to be the front. I don't think that's going to be the case anymore though.
supthefront.jpg

It doesn't look like it but there is a gap between the foam and the blow hole. the res has a cap on it so i can drain it and another cap on the top for filling.

This is the side that's causing me the most grief. the exhaust for all the fans.
FanSide.jpg

As you can imagine, they can't be up against my desk on the floor. And the whole unit doesn't really fit under my desk anyhow. Another messup on my part... Currently the space to the left of the fans is unused so keep that in mind.

lastly we come to what was supposed to be the back. There is a fan here to bring in new air from the front so that the rad fans push/pull cold air.
suptheback.jpg

notice that the psu is missin it's power connector. I'll paint it later and the plan was to mount the sunbeam in the plastic on top of it.

So the problem is where the tubes are going to exit/enter the waterbox. The whole thing has a lid that i'm planning on attachin to the fanside with hinges and clasps on the around the supposedly back and non-fan-side.

I'm using the RBX and Maze 4 on a 9800 pro. my case is pretty much gutted as you can see here:
CaseSide.jpg

There is also a hole in the front through the grill where I can have 2 or 3 tubes come back to the res (depending on whether or not I use the Y after the RBX-need to test still)
As for the back, one of the 80mm fan port could be used for tubes or I could cut holes along the back on top of the PCI slots to bring in tubing.

laugh, I was hoping that writing this out would help me think it out and be coherant enough for you to figure it out too, but I doubt it very much now.

To sum up my problems:
1. The computer probably cannot go on top of the waterbox because i'll never be able to get the lid open then to work on anything.
2. The computer needs to be close enough to my desk for cord attachment. This may mean longer hosing which is depressing.
3. The fanside cannot go agasint the side of the desk, or against the wall of the room for obvious reasons.
4. PSU/Sunbeam/Exhaust "back" is probably going to look like hell if it's in the front.
5. I need to put the barbs in the res yet for the return lines. Either the top or the side dependin on where the pc is going to go. I don't want the return water going directly into the inlets though...

Sigh, suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Back