• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water cooling pump

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vitesse

I want to convert by Thermaltake Xaser 3 V2000a case to water cooling.

I want to water cool the CPU, the GPU the northbridge and maybe one or two hard drive. I don't want to install HDD water cooling at starting, but I want to keep this an option. For now I search for information about pump. I was first interested by Eheim 1250 pump, but I read DC pump was quieter. I know flow rate is mportant and the best dc pump offer only 185gph and the Eheim 1250 offer 317 gph. Considering I want to cool my cpu / gpu / nb, I think the best choice should be a 317gph system. Am I doing a good choice? Is there a better pump I should watch?

The CPU block could be danger den TDX serie the GPU block will be a Swiftech MCW50, I don't know for the NB and the Radiator will be a Black ice Extreme.

You should take a look on the specs of each pump more carefully, because the eheim will deliver 317 gph...yes, BUT at 0' (that mean without restriction nothing). DC pump offer less GPH yes, put has MUCH more head pressure and that is more important in a watercooling setup.

I suggest to read some of the recent threads about wc help or something along the line. Your answers are there.

thanks for your answer, I will read the threads about wc help. Charloz24, you make a good point. I pretty new to water cooling and I haven't think to watch this information.

this link should be able to explain a lot. The newer model of swiftech is mcp650 which is the same pump as the DangerDen D4. They have slightly better performance than the swiftech mcp600.

Back