• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crazzy pumps....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeViL_909

Ok guys, I have had a hydor l30 and l35 and had them running together in series. I was wondering what pump you would suggest that is either the same or more powerful than these two when run in series. I looked at a Hydor l40 and it has about 740gph and has 90" head. Any sugestions?

Nice, that thing looks huge. Any idea how big it is? Anyone had experience with a big pump? How are they on heat and noise?

Watch out for the wattage. And all you need is a pump with a lot of head. GPM isn't the spec that is relevant.
I'd just get a D4. Or if you want more power than that an Iwaki 20RZ.

velocity_t1-s1_curve.jpg

hows this stats ?

attachment.php

hehe just teasing you.

but you are looking for something nice =)

I have a l35 right now. When you hook two of them up in series, they make a ton of noise. IF you only have one hooked up, it is near silent. I have never used a l40 before, and infact did not know they existed untill I found it on ebay. I am definatly looking for a quality pump. I am going to try to watercool the entire comp (HD, PSU, CPU, GPU, and anthything else in my way). To do this I am going to need a strong pump because I am making an external box that is going to house two 77 bonniville HCs along with the pump and maybe one of the blowers I keep reading about. Thanks for the ideas on the pumps so far. The only thing I have against using pumps in series, is that everytime I do that, one pump starts to rattle and get really lound. I have tried with ehiem and hydor. Not sure if the D4 is different. I also just kinda want to worry about hooking up one pump instead of 4 (saves time, effort, and most importantly money).

A D4 will do the job. Or get an Iwaki 20RZ, which would be more than powerful enough.

D4 would be nice for a normal system, but I like to go overkill. I really want good flow rates because I am going to throw a WW on the CPU. How are the noise on the 20ZR and where would be a good place to pick one up?

I'm guessing why the 2nd pump in series is rattling is due to differences in RPM's between the two pumps. More likely than not, you could reduce any of that rattling by slowing down the 2nd pump a bit - a 12v pump would fit the bill for this.

I think you might be better off with one pump and putting the 2 rads in parallel. Since you're uneasy about 2nd pump rattling probs and the fact 2 DD-D4's will be fairly costly (next to Hydors), you might want to consider an Iwaki.

Well I figured getting one uber pump would be cheaper and esier than 2 pumps in the long run. I have actually thought about putting a small window ac unit in the side of my external case to put cool air through the rads. So the Iwaki pump is a good one? Anyone know a rough estimate on a price for one of those?

The japanese made Iwakis are pretty quiet. The american made ones make some noise, but not a lot. Sound is pretty relative. My american made 20RZ makes about the same noise as a medium speed 80mm fan. But my pump is outside so I don't hear it.
You can find them new from a few vendors, used on ebay, and occasionally for sale on this forum (I got mine here from Greenman100).

Back