• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ 3700EB non stable (perhaps heat?)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pitbull2k

Registered
running the rig in my sig was 100% stable all the time @3.37 240fsb stock timings and 1:1. But now that i closed my case i BSOD like crazy. When i touch the chips theyre hot esp the one that dosent get the draft from my cpu fan. I mean im barely pushing that ram... its @ 2.9v now.

Is this normal should i makeshift some kind of fan over them? how bout changing timings to 3-3-2-10?

looks unusual to me for your setup. i've got my 3500eb at 245 with 3-3-2-5 timings and 2.85 volts. it's rock solid with mine. i would try testing each stick individualy. i would think with your setup, you should be able to get to 255 and beyond with only like 2.9volts.

Cooling the EB will let it overclock higher and run more stable so I would put a fan over it.

Are you sure your cpu can do the speed you have it at? I know everyone thinks the 30 cappers OC like mad, but not ever chip is created equal. So perhaps test out in 5:4 to see how high the cpu will go and then go back to 1:1.

Steve

Back