• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who built this

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

I am looking for the person that built this res. I need help on the way to tap and seal the barbs as since the aluminum failed I need to replace. thanks
dude2.jpg

sorry for the double post. IE crashed when posting the first one so i thought it didnt post up.

sealing should be fairly easy (and permanent) with PVC glue
just need to make sure that when you start screwing the pvc barb in you go quickly and don't stop because once it stops, it's going to stay there forever

Without seenig a more clear picture here is what I can say. If you tap the holes again you have to make them bigger and move up to 3/8" NPT fittings, but you should not have to do that.

You should just be able to take epoxy or silicone, coat the threads and you are in business again. And like the other posts say it will be permenant.

If you really need to tap the holes again you will have to determine how big you want your threaded hole to be hole to be, drill it with a drill bit that is a little smaller than the hole and tap it with the approperate tap. IE for 3/8" npt treaded hole you would have to drill out the hole to about 7/16" and then tap it.

Remember that a 3/8" NPT threaded hole IS NOT 3/8" diameter, it is larger.

As for the actual hole you would have to drill I don't have that information on hand.

depending on the barbs and threads, I typically use 1/4"NPT threads wich is close to 1/2" OD. It uses a 7/16" drill and a 1/4"npt tap. If you are tapping plastic, be extremely careful, it likes to crack easily, in 1/2 turn out 1/4.

Jon

JFettig said:
depending on the barbs and threads, I typically use 1/4"NPT threads wich is close to 1/2" OD. It uses a 7/16" drill and a 1/4"npt tap. If you are tapping plastic, be extremely careful, it likes to crack easily, in 1/2 turn out 1/4.

Jon
and I suggest using CRC lubricant. It works great w/what JFettig advises.

Back