• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My card survived!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Veland

Well, this is a story of pressure in closed loop vs reservoir setups..

My closed loop WC system had an issue with foam. Occasionaly it would foam up, for no apparent reason, and fill the T-line with foam. So, a reservoir could be the answer!

Running an RBX block and NB+GPU on each of the outlets from the RBX. So I put the res where the "Y" used to be. Two lines into the res, and a big one to the pump.

Then my coffe stopped working... For some odd reason I decided to let the T-line be unplugged. My loop is then pump->rad->t-line->cpu->gpu/nb->res->pump.

So, a full res, the pump can suck all the water it wants. Then the water flowed onwards until it had a choice. A nice unplugged t-line or a really restrictive cpu block. Guess which way my 2000l/h pump decided to send the water?

Hey, indoor fountain! Luckily my hand was on the switch, so not that much water squirted out.. And my t-line was pointed away from the computer.

Ah, well, some cleaning, leak fixing and everything is ready to go! Fired up the machine, everything is running smooth, booting into XP. But right after the progress bar, it switches from 640*480 to 1024*768, as it should. But no picture on the screen!

Tried reseating the card, nope. Checked the cables, nope. Tried the temperature of the vid card, nothing unusual. Hmm.. Removed the card and to my horror, I saw corrosion! The green discoloration copper gets. On the AGP "pads" themselves! My first WC casualty?

Some wet towels, wirewool and sandpaper later, I put it all back together. And it worked!

But the card is ready for a replacement anyway, just nice to still have a working computer while I find the right vid card..

You lucky little devil :) . Close call my friend. Glad you could get away with not having a dead card.

Back