• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Condensation Prevention

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sucky noob

Hey guys, I've got my rig water cooled pretty good, and to prevent condensation, ive got the lines into the computer and the waterblock covered in neoprene. But even with all this, it still gets drops all over it when i get up in the morning. Can you guys give me some more ideas on how to prevent condensation?

Pshaw, weak system more likely. My radiator was built by UberBlue of Hogwart's thermal laboratories.

Erm...

Nobody has helped the guy out yet. How do you have the neoprene wrapped? Is it the sticky insulation kind? The thermal tape-wrap type? What is your water temperature?

I am wondering about the type of insulation and thoroughness of coverage as well.

My one fairly short experiment with an actual water chiller never had any condensation problems, although I never dropped too far below ambient.

I also never had condensation problems when running my radiator outside in winter.

I was pretty thorough with covering all cooled tubing/block areas, and sealing them so that there was NO contact with ambient air. My insulation was made for covering 1/2" copper tube and was about 1/2" thick per side. All my tubing runs ended up being 1 1/2" diameter once the insulation was done, but it worked quite well.

hey guys, sorry it took so long to respond. i wrote this post as i was running out the door, and i kinda forgot about it.

So should i put the silocone over the vynil tube, and then put the neoprene over that? or vise versa?

how can i seal the edges of the water block where it sits in the socket holder? just smother it in silicone?

EDIT: the neoprene i use was a back brace that i cut up, so its decently thick. The temp of the water is probably around or below freezing after sitting overnight. The ziploc bag sits in the freezer shelf, and i use about a 50:50 water:antifreeze mix. check the system out:

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=317078

Back