• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

barbs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Como

having a tough time getting my hoses on the barbs...

mainly because i bought 3/4" barbs, due to the fact that the ID of the hose is 1/2"...and i diddnt want to restrict that.

How many people run 1/2" barbs (even though the ID is considerable smaller than that) and are happy with them?

i'm going to home depot later and may have to settle for a few....

just wondering what the general public here uses, because i simply cant get the hose on the barbs enough.

(if i'm lucky and work at it all day, i get the hose over one notch on a barb...

on a t-line, thats gonna take some major time to finish)

and then i need some barbs for my res (damn me cheaping out on the pump...almost wish i had put off WC untill i could afford it)

is that what most people use? i dont think i saw any at home depot last time

I posted a question about this a while ago, asking if it was better to go with 3/4" for that small amount of restrcition.. everyone said it was nothing to worry about becasue you won't notice a difference and it would be more trouble than good..

anyways 5/8" barbs are pretty good since you can get your tubing over them with some boiling water.

okay, yeah...i'm slow with math, thats 1/8 smaller than what i have...that should make a differecne. Thanks, now i just hope home depot has them.

Can you take a look and see if they carry 5/8 tube and uh... I think it's 3/8 or 1/2 hose (the part that screws into waterblocks like whitewater, zchip, and maze4 gpu)?

i dunno about the tube, but they carry NPT fittings, all sizes. i believe your talking about 5/8, 1/2, or 3/8 barbs with an ntp screw on the end...i'll bet they do carry it. i may not make it there untill tomorrow though....maybe not even then. i have $10 and i need gas badly (much farther and the fule pump will burn out, done it twice)
i start my first job tomorrow, and i may end up pushing this of untill my first paycheck, which if i'm not mistaken, can sometimes be a month :(
(like they hold your first paycheck or something, and if its biweekly like most places, thats a month...and i'll be in college by then)

i start in...less than 20 hours. i should go to bed soon.

i plan on upgrading to larger barbs on the waterblock...my plan is to eventually use all the same size barbs for everything...
i think i'll bring a segment of tubing, and if the 5/8 doesnt satisfy me i'll get the 1/2... i just cant help but think what if...

Back