• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Will not detect my dvd rom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slurve

Registered
Ok heres the painfully annoying deal. I am running a K8n pro nforce 3 board from gigabyte with the f12 bios. I have my CD-RW and my DVD Rom both on IDE 1 set to CS on the jumpers. (I already tried switching between master and slave for both of them). Both are detected by my bios on start up but my dvdrom never is detected in windows xp pro sp1. It is extremely annoying. I've tried putting it on ide 2 and 3, tried the other drive on 2 etc and the cd rw was always detected as a master or slave depending on the jumper setting. My dvd rom was never detected by windows....Any advice?

Drives are Liteon 52x24x52 and DVD is a Sony 1621

PLEASE Help I've spent days on this problem.

Worst part is I installed windows on the DVD Rom :bang head

It's possible a filter driver is missing or non-operational. Give this a try...Start | Run | Type regedit and click OK | Locate the UpperFilters value under the following Key in the Registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Class | {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same Key in the Registry...

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE | SYSTEM | CurrentControlSet | Control | Class | {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK. If you lose functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. Also, make sure to at least export the above Key...just in case there's a problem and you need to merge the previous settings. You'll also need to reboot for the above changes to take effect.

Back