• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Problem with Premiere 6.5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KaHNZa

It tells me this as soon as I try to run setup:

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Choose 'Close' to terminate this application.

And there are 2 buttons, Close and Ignore. Doesn't make a difference which one I click either.

Running Windows Server 2003

Nevermind, I got it figured out. Turns out it had nothing to do with Premiere. I searched for autoexec.nt and found it in the windows/repair folder. So I just moved it to the system32 folder and all seems to be working fine again.

Searching the world wide interweb, I found this suggestion:

For some reason, a command mode program is attempting to execute. Autoexec.nt must function for command made to work. Look at it with a text editor. This is what it should look like:

@echo off

REM AUTOEXEC.BAT is not used to initialize the MS-DOS environment.
REM AUTOEXEC.NT is used to initialize the MS-DOS environment unless a
REM different startup file is specified in an application's PIF.

REM Install CD ROM extensions
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\mscdexnt.exe

REM Install network redirector (load before dosx.exe)
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\redir

REM Install DPMI support
lh %SystemRoot%\system32\dosx

I checked mine and mine has an additional entry for a soundblaster module. Otherwise it looks like that. Maybe try that.

Back