• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

guess whats in the new adata 566 mhz modules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I ran across this recently and then the same topic yesterday, somewhere else, which prompted me to send an e-mail to Randy at Komusa, asking if this is something that they were planning on stocking/adding to their HyperRam line.

I'll let everyone know what his response is, provided I get one. I dropped your name so I don't know if that will help or hinder. What kind of terms are you on with them this week? :)

Sorry for all the consecutive posts guys, I'm really not trying to get my count up.

Checked e-mail and guess what...he must not have seem your name on my e-mail, because it was answered. This is a partial transcript of the response that I received from Randy, of Komusa, in response to my question as to whether this product (Adata DDR566) would be added to their HyperRam line any time soon.

"The DDR566 is still under technical sorting"

Well, there you have it. Informative wasn't it?

At least he took the time to respond, so I'll give him credit for that.

By the way, doesn't this whole Samsung/Adata thing provide additional information which leans towards the conclusion that Adata does not manufacture their own ICs?

im spending ALL time trying to keep my old house from falling down, screw the house. im gonna mod out my other ic7. i have my priorities, overcloking comes first...

I'm with you flapper, you've got to get your priorities straight if you're going to succeed.

And you've got them straight! Hehehe

I hope you can find those chips. There was a link to an Italian (I think) site that stocked them on the first page of that thread. You're going to need a currency converter (and maybe a translator, too).

Reefa_Madness said:
I'm with you flapper, you've got to get your priorities straight if you're going to succeed.

And you've got them straight! Hehehe

I hope you can find those chips. There was a link to an Italian (I think) site that stocked them on the first page of that thread. You're going to need a currency converter (and maybe a translator, too).

yeah i know what u mean. u.s. is the biggest market and seems we always get alot of stuff last..do u think the ocz stuff will work??. or is the vitesta 566 specially tested just for speed??? cause anadtech could only get 283 out of them..

flapper,

I think it is always a crapshoot. But then who shoots craps, expecting guaranteed winnings? Its the exitement of the gamble that makes you roll the dice. These kinds of performance figures are still on the extreme and far from common, everyday occurrances. To quote another partial line from a movie..."Do you feel lucky?". You know that is a big part of it, regardless of whether our egos care to admit it or not.

Reefa_Madness said:
flapper,

I think it is always a crapshoot. But then who shoots craps, expecting guaranteed winnings? Its the exitement of the gamble that makes you roll the dice. These kinds of performance figures are still on the extreme and far from common, everyday occurrances. To quote another partial line from a movie..."Do you feel lucky?". You know that is a big part of it, regardless of whether our egos care to admit it or not.

yes u are right, but good god that thread u posted!! ddr700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somethings definitely cooking under the hood of those sammy chips!!!

hey matt if u have the sammy chips, hows about a 3.4.4.8 at max vdimm test??? (pleeze)

Will do. Prolly have to run my 2.4C M0 as I'm sure my 2.8C isn't going to do 280FSB - wish she would though! So what vDimm you want it at - since I have the DDR Booster? I have up to 3.6v - I'd like to keep it at or below 3.4v though.

mattspalace said:
Will do. Prolly have to run my 2.4C M0 as I'm sure my 2.8C isn't going to do 280FSB - wish she would though! So what vDimm you want it at - since I have the DDR Booster? I have up to 3.6v - I'd like to keep it at or below 3.4v though.

as fast as u can go and as hi a voltage as u feel comfortable with.. those numbers are amazing. since ur stuff is the same chips as in the adata pc566, im hoping ur stuff will fly too.. thnx a ton matt

No prob.. Prolly won't get around to swapping in the 2.4C until tomorrow night, but I've been thinking about doing it anyway, so this will give me a good excuse.

These are the kind of "product" reviews that are priceless. Ideal conditions to see what it will really do, outside of the labs. Doesn't get any better than that.

flapperhead said:
yes u are right, but good god that thread u posted!! ddr700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! somethings definitely cooking under the hood of those sammy chips!!!

That was impressive. I had to save that screen shot myself, just for grins. That is the only way I'll ever see it.

Reefa_Madness said:
That was impressive. I had to save that screen shot myself, just for grins. That is the only way I'll ever see it.

exactly, like u said this screenshot was done by a regular guy, not in some testing lab. thats what really impressed the heck out of me..

Reefa_Madness said:
flapper,

Check this out - DDR700 in single channel!!!

Now, don't you WANT some of this?

Page 2, Post#11, same thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=39522&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Damn, I just got some PC4200 from Komusa and got a couple of bum sticks. They won't even do 280 FSB. Isn't that the way stuff always works... you get something and the next day you find out something great is out now.

Crap, I wonder if I can RMA it restocking fee or not for some of the new stuff.

OC Noob said:
Damn, I just got some PC4200 from Komusa and got a couple of bum sticks. They won't even do 280 FSB. Isn't that the way stuff always works... you get something and the next day you find out something great is out now.

Crap, I wonder if I can RMA it restocking fee or not for some of the new stuff.

i have an ic7 and i found that i could get an extra 15 mhz with a vdimm mod. the stock 2.78volts just wasnt enuff. the hyperram(adata chips) perform bests at 2.9-3.0 volts.

Back