• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

has anyone ever split the output of the rbx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seaborn

As you can see i amhaving a hard time with using the y adapter because of how the board is configured. If the CPU mounts were the other way it would be easy. If i could split it it would work great but am curious if anyone has tryed it. I did it in a test setup but dont know if it will kill performance.

If I did split one would go to the GPU and one to the NB. With the flow rates of the D4 I didint know how much it would suffer. Any ideas or has anyone tried it.
MVC-342S.jpg

yes it's been done many times, the only problem becomes that you effectively have two little loops, and they will have different flow rates. so if that gpu block is more restrictive than the nb block it won't get the flow rate it should.

if i were you i'd experiment and find out, it shouldn't be much of a temp difference.

that water block you have on your 6800 there is very low flow rate because of the sureface area and i have heard that it should have its own line just so i can have the fastest flow rate possible. So saying that if you split the RBX you would be giving it a very low flow rate but do what he said and just test it different ways and find out the best one for you. but i would not split it just chain them together and make a bigger loop to the GPU from the CPU. GOOD LUCK

In that geometry, the CPU will get preferential flow and the GPU may see very little flow.

One suggestion: Get a bigger pump, put a valve in the line to the CPU that can be throttled so that the flow to the GPU can be controlled. The side effect of this is more pump heat.

One idea that I am kicking around is installing a 1/2" barb in the inlet of the CPU block, then letting the two outlets stay 3/8". Would that help. I would of course make everything up to the cpu 1/2".

Hmm this is slightly a ghetto solution but why not add a bit more tubing in-between the CPU block and the Y. That way you could bend or twist the tubing to go to the GPU block a bit more easily.

Tanaban said:
Hmm this is slightly a ghetto solution but why not add a bit more tubing in-between the CPU block and the Y. That way you could bend or twist the tubing to go to the GPU block a bit more easily.

your right.....its ghetto

Back