• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR Booster Ram overclocking tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
depends on what ram you have as to how big of an impact those will have. bh-5 and ocz eb are supposed to benefit fairly well from it.

I have one. What do you want to know?

As mentioned above, it will only really help with RAM that likes voltage. Some motherboards aren't compatable, and others need a vtt mod to take advantage of the extra vdimm. One of these days I'll get my NF7 vtt modded results. I have BH-5 so I should be able to crank this booster. :D

Those look interesting...Anyone know how exactly it works?
Is the whole thing on the memory stick itself or is there another part of it somewhere else? like on the mobo or something.
What are the two little boxes on the top of it? On the left of the heatsink in the first picture?

I'd like to know:

1. What increase in fsb you got. The stuff I read seems to say around 5, which seems pretty small for $50.

2. If this thing takes up a slot, does that mean if you use paired memory you can only have one bank and the other bank sits useless?

The increase in FSB all depends on how much your RAM is able to overclock with an increase in voltage. You also have to consider motherboard limitations. The booster will only help when the motherboard has plenty of headroom to overclock the FSB, and the RAM overclocks well with increased voltage (BH-5/6, OCZ EB mostly). I tried to get 230 FSB stable with my booster. Before I had only reached 225 stable. I couldn't get 230 to be stable though. I know it wasn't my RAM (BH-5) holding me back. Now that I vtt modded my motherboard, I'm expecting 240-250 FSB depending on my motherboard's limitations.

I'm not getting what you are asking in your second question. You can still use dual channel with the booster. Most people only run a max of 2 sticks of memory. Four sticks will most likely hurt the overclocking ability of the RAM because it's harder to get 4 sticks to sync up. If you are only using 2 sticks, most modern motherboards have 3 or more RAM slots. You can just plug the booster into any empty RAM slot.

Back