• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BEST Performance $150 can buy..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Poopshoot

Registered
Question is... What is the best stick of 512mb I can buy for an Athlon 64, XMS-Mushkin-OCZ-Geil-HyperX etc... Please remember I'm looking to get the most out of my A64.
--Max spending $150-- Prefer PC3200 or greater!
All posts and comments are welcome. I'm really curious as 2 what you all have to say.

Thanks to my parents i got an extra 30 bucks to spend. So i have some new options. My 2 choices are:
Mushkin Level 2 "Black Hi Perf" PC3200
&
Corsair XMS 3200XL Pro

What do you guys think, any favorites and why?
thanks.

Poopshoot said:
Thanks to my parents i got an extra 30 bucks to spend. So i have some new options. My 2 choices are:
Mushkin Level 2 "Black Hi Perf" PC3200
&
Corsair XMS 3200XL Pro

What do you guys think, any favorites and why?
thanks.

which evers cheaper.. they are indentical.

Yeah its cheaper, but it has a CAS 3 timming. Wouldn't that be slower than the Corsair? Unless im missing something here.. Oh and what is the OCZ 3200 Platinum Revision 2 sticks? Are they discontinued cuz i cant find one anywere. Anandtech gave this stick there best performance rating out of 5 other top brand CL 2-2-2-5 sticks.

Get OCZ EB or Crucial Ballistix pc4000 for an A64. They will run tight timings up to ddr500, no other sticks will.

Yeah ive seen all these threads for the Ballistix but never really care to read them through. OCZ EB PC3500 runs at cas 2.5, while the 4000 can do the same at cas 2. Im not really going to overclock extremely but would like to able too get a 100-150 mhz boost here and there easily. For what im looking for I think Ballistix would be the better performer at CAS2 speeds up to DDR433. I purchased a 512mb stick from newegg, PC4000. Ill let u know how it works.

Back