• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Service Pack 2 Problem - PLEASE HELP

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chien_ming

Hi, i am in need of some help regarding the installation of service pack 2. i installed it over sp1 which was on my pc and when it restarted, it froze when the windows xp logo came up. i tried reformatting and reinstalling windows xp again (then installed sp1 then sp2) and the same thing came up. it froze and wouldnt load up??? what is going on??? i dont know what to do

please HELP!!!

regards, chris

I tried reformatting and reinstalling windows xp again (then installed sp1 then sp2) and the same thing came up
After doing a fresh install of XP, instead of installing SP1 and then installing SP2 over the top of it...either just install SP2, or slipstream SP2 into the install. SP2 contains all the SP1 updates, so there's no need to install both service packs. If you need help slipstreaming SP2, there's a number of sites that have instructions on the procedure...this being one of them:

Slipstreaming: Creating a WindowsXP Install CD with Service Pack 2

thanks for that redduc900 :)

however after doing this, the problem stil came up..upon loading windows where the sign appears, the bar only reaches the first section and then just freeze's. i tried leaving it on for a while thinkin that it was stil loading however 15mins later, it was stil the same.

i have asked other people from other forums and some are having the exact problem i have aswell and have tried almost everthing but stil no luck :(

they say that there may be some hardware conflicts???

what do u guys reckon?? any clue how i can fix this??

regards, chris

I prefer just to avoid windows updates in general. EVERY time I have used them, something happened to my pc. Sorry if im not much help.

Your computer is not oc'ed is it? If it is put it down to stock and reinstall, it that don't fix it than it is just the typical service pack bs we have to deal with every time. I'm not installing it any time soon, I hate reinstalling windows, if I had an image of my HD I would probably do it, but I don't so i'm not messing with it.

Welcome To The Forums!

Back