• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bluescreen (IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) when installing windows. please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danne

Registered
I just bought a new Motherboard an CPU. (AMD)

I have inserted the HD, CDplayer, Graphicscard and memory.

I start the windows installation. (I have tested both win 2000 and XP with the same result)

It goes perfect until the files are started to being copied from the CD to the HD.

after 25-60% a bluescreen appears which says

"STOP 0x0000000A"
"IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
the bluescreen also says something that I should see if the hardware is properly installed.

before the bluescreen appears the computer have problems to copy over files from the CD to the HD.

I have tested:
1) tested with another cdplayer
2) tested to install windows with the same CD and HD in another computer (it works)
3) tested with both my windows XP and my Windows 2000 CD.

anybody that has a clue how to fix this???

I used to get that blue screen on my old Athlon 1.4 when it would overheat. Had to clean out the fan and heatsink to get airflow and it stopped bluescreening.

Maybe that's an idea.. ?

I get that screen from time to time after switching to raid 0. I rolled my OC back to stock and the problem hasn't arisin since. Raid is nice, but I dont know if it is worth going back to 166fsb for. :/

I got that screen when I was trying to install the setup in my sig. The CPU was only getting 1.4vcore--way below what it should run at. :-/

Back