• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about the new Swiftech blocks.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

A-Speck

So I'm about to head off to college for yet another year, which involves draining my rig, taking the wb off the mobo, and otherwise prepping the comp for the rigors of airplane travel. I just recently got to thinking, though - if I'm going to be draining the loop and unmounting the waterblock anyway, this would be the perfect time to get a new block.

I'm not entirely satisfied with my DTek Whitewater. It performs fantastically, but the dual outlets don't exactly work well with the way that my case is set up. Basically, there's about a millimeter of clearance between one of the outlet tubes and the rad. I'd like to get a shroud for my rad, but due to the tube being in the way, there's just no room.

Judging from the reviews I've read, the MCW-6000 looks like it would make the perfect replacement waterblock, but I'm wondering how well my 1/2" tubing will fit over its 3/8" barbs. In a perfect world, I'd just get the MCW-6002, but every place I've checked online is completely sold out of them.

So my question is: Will my 1/2" tubing work with the 3/8" Swiftech block? Assume that I have hose clamps.

i wouldnt do it, the hoses would most likely leak, even with clamps. You can get a 6002 directly from Swiftech...

nikhsub1 said:
i wouldnt do it, the hoses would most likely leak, even with clamps. You can get a 6002 directly from Swiftech...

umm ya but i hope you like to wait it took them about a month and half to ship my watercooling kit,

my biggest complaint with the mcw6002 is the way it clamps on my amd board. there is no way to tighten the spring anymore than what spring pressure it has. i dont know who dreamed this idea up but it left my blocks loose and my temps high.

Jen

Jen said:
my biggest complaint with the mcw6002 is the way it clamps on my amd board. there is no way to tighten the spring anymore than what spring pressure it has. i dont know who dreamed this idea up but it left my blocks loose and my temps high.

Jen

That sucks. Does this include all AMD boards (A64 to be exact)? I was going to go with Swiftech's block but not if it has mounting issues.

Back