• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue additives?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
anywthing thats bl;ue from the get go? I don't like UV lights, and I don't want to spend $8 on uv dye. besides that, I want it to be very clear, much like wndow waser fluid,

any other suggestions

You want it to be UV blue, or just tint the water blue?

Tint blue, so that it looks like blue juice or something, not blue milk, anyways, you nailed it, thats what I want!

btw, great qoutes in your sig

guess I posted in the wrong forums, if a mod would like to move it for me, that would be great,

(this is just my polit e wy of saing, *bump*)

window washer fluid doesn't accept heat transfer like watter wetter does, or in other words, watter wetter, in the exact same setup as windows washer fluid will have a lower water temp. however, this is not becasue watter wetter doesn't transfer heat as well, its because it improves it, and so the water can gain, and then loose heat faster. Coolant, and other additives have simular effects

However, windows washer fluid has been known to raise the temps, and resulting in a higer cpu die temp than other additives, some people claim to have equal temps, but its common knowlege that other additves should be placed abvoe window washer fluid.

whoever said:
window washer fluid doesn't accept heat transfer like watter wetter does, or in other words, watter wetter, in the exact same setup as windows washer fluid will have a lower water temp. however, this is not becasue watter wetter doesn't transfer heat as well, its because it improves it, and so the water can gain, and then loose heat faster. Coolant, and other additives have simular effects

However, windows washer fluid has been known to raise the temps, and resulting in a higer cpu die temp than other additives, some people claim to have equal temps, but its common knowlege that other additves should be placed abvoe window washer fluid.

Where did you get this information? It doesn't seem right...

yah cuase in the winter you put in straight window washer fluid instead of water so it dont freeze. that would mean that if it does not freeze just like antifreeze in the winter then wouldn't that mean it was just like antifreeze (coolant)

Go to autozone or something and look for blue coolant and mix it in, I forget the name/brand but I know they make it.

Why not just use blue food coloring? I used red before, and it worked wonderfully. Just add more for a deeper color :)

I bought blue anit-freeze from an audi dealership. Just ask for the blue stuff and they'll get it for you.

I'm using approx. 10%

attachment.php

is there really a difference between antifreeze and say water wetter. or zerex racing stuff. the author of the article at overclockers.com about additive chemistry recommends zerex/water wetter/etc above antifreeze. though if Whoever, and I, want to get a nice blue color, we'd end up having to mix in a lot of other stuff to get it.

oh, and here's the real bugger of a question. I hear you can blue antifreeze at a VW dealer too. now of course "which one is better?" ;)

Froz said:
oh, and here's the real bugger of a question. I hear you can blue antifreeze at a VW dealer too. now of course "which one is better?" ;)

I think it's the same stuff.
The audi dealer I went to was acutally a VW/Audi dealer and their parts departement was one and the same.

They guy behind the counter told me that either the Audi's or the VW's no longer use the blue stuff, but the other still does.

teamgreen said:
I think it's the same stuff.
The audi dealer I went to was acutally a VW/Audi dealer and their parts departement was one and the same.

They guy behind the counter told me that either the Audi's or the VW's no longer use the blue stuff, but the other still does.

sorri, i was trying to provoke a car fight. ;) though it's pretty much a no-brainer.

Back