• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my memory holding me back?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ketchup318

i have been trying various bio's for my DFI UI. The stock one got me to 210, and the new sets of Hellfire bios are getting me to 227 (5 versions using different ROMSips). Anyways, now for all 5 different versions, i can't get past 227, no matter what VDimm voltage that i use, from stock to 3.3... it's all the same... can't get past 227.

so is my ram holding me back... it's Corsair XMS 3700 and should be rated at or near 237Mhz. Is it time to RMA it? it's relatively new. thanks

Have you tried dropping the multiplier from 11 down to 9 and see what it does? You could have a mobile that doesn't hit more the 2.5 or so (although, I believe that is a good stepping). By dropping the multi, you should be able to determine if it is ram or not. If it won't break 227 with the lower multiplier it would point to the ram, since the cpu should be able to hit the same 2.475 either way, low fsb and high multi or high fsb and low multi.

Is there any possibility that the mobo is limiting you or do all DFI boards do 240 plus? I know some NF7s will, but many won't, but I don't have any DFI experience. You might also look here for help:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/

Last edited:
well i'm using a 5X multiplier and 227MHZ.. it's all in memtest. i don't know what else it can be.

Back